Reflection

So for this post I am going to be reflecting on the entire process that this film opening has brought me through. I am glad I have finished this opening up and am now able to reflect on it.

The film opening starts off with just a normal American citizen, whom we decided not to name since she won't have anything to do with the rest of the film, played by Val Tiralongo  who is just spending her night at home. She begins by trying to watch tv but it ends up not working so she gets frustrated and goes to the kitchen to go make herself some more oatmeal. As she leaves the room to go to the kitchen a national emergency plays and since she leave the room, she can not here the emergency that is going on. It is vital that she does not hear this since what happens next depends on that

Then as the national emergency is playing over her making oatmeal we can see that she is not even paying attention to the broadcast that is playing. This broadcast is saying how there is hacker going around and is implanting a virus into people head. After she finishes making her oatmeal, she returns to the couch and the tv is just back to static from before. After she tries to begin watching tv the hack comes on to the tv and takes over her.

The final scene with the virus is the final impact because it shows us what the virus is capable of. Without this it wouldn’t show the full effect of the virus and it wouldn't leave the audience questioning what was happening.

This challenges conventions as it leave the audience questioning what is going to happen next and just make sure  they pay attention to what is happening on the news. The storyline of this film can potentially be eye opening to many people since it is able to represent the idea that people need to be aware of what is happening around them.

We tried to step out of the box and tried to create a virus which is different and does not look like any basic not interesting virus. I wanted it to be able to catch the eye of the viewer and leave them questioning what is going to happen next.

Our idea of just having a normal person trying to enjoy there night came from the point that anyone could catch this virus if they did not pay attention to what was broadcasted before. We decided to keep it simple and just try to create a connection with the audience since this could happen to anyone.

Our film opening is going to be able to connect with our audience through emotion. The reason it will connect with the audience emotionally is because they are going to get worried and wonder what is going to happen when the virus is implanted to the person’s head. Over all it will just leave the audience asking a bunch of questions which is what we wanted to do since the planning of this film. This is going to be able to interact with an audience from the ages of teen and adult who are into thriller based films.

Distribution for our film is not going to be the easiest task since we do not have much knowledge of the film industry itself. We will most likely be able to show it to very small audiences since that is mostly what we are capable of.  We do know of some film festivals that are going around so we could enter it into those just to get a feel of what is is like and things we should improve on. Also tv competitions, which I have done myself, are a great boost of distribution and have a good effect on ways to improve.

By creating this film opening, I have been able to boost my knowledge in knowing how to film, edit, direct and work alongside other people. Jules did create the outline to our film and I helped adjust anything that I felt needed help on. Other than that I filmed and edited the whole film opening, which was a little rough, since it a lot of work but it helped me figure out time management to get the opening done. Seeing how Jules directed helped me gain a few pointers for when I want to create a film myself. With this opening I was also able to figure out how to use after effects to create graphics for our film, which was very difficult.

Like I mentioned I did edit the whole film and create the graphics all on my own since I have more knowledge in editing than my partner. I was able to edit this whole thing on premiere pro and create the graphics on after effects. Editing the film opening was not hard since I have been editing for a long time outside of this opening, so that part was not that difficult. The part I found the most difficult was the creation of the graphics. I do not have that much experience with after effects I had to look at a lot of videos on youtube to be able to create the graphics. I am very pleased that I was able to learn how to make graphics through the film opening.

Creating this film opening has really been an eye opener and also a good experience not only for filming editing and producing, but also being able to collaborate with others and being able to time manage myself to be able to put this film opening together.Im really happy that I am now able to think outside of the box and be able to gather up a lot of ideas and be able to produce a film. With this knowledge I will able to apply it to future projects that I am wanting to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location Revise

Sound

On screen Text